Thursday, June 18, 2009

Highlights from the West Coast

I had to travel for work recently, and these are some of the highlights.

1. It sucks to travel with a ton of people from work. I was ready to go out to eat at some cool local places. For most of my colleagues, this meant going to Applebees. Hmmm. I love sampling frozen, processed food.

2. I stepped out on my shared balcony, and I found a man sipping his morning coffee, while wearing a lady's nightgown. I stared at the view for a minute, and then I went back in. I peeked out of the curtains a few times. Odd.

3. I don't recommend sitting in front of the three year old wearing cowboy boots on the plane. She's a bitch, as is her mother.

4. I also don't recommend sitting behind the two year old screaming her head off. Her mother then decides it's a great idea to give her THREE hard boiled eggs! That child was cutting sulphuric farts all the way to the east.

5. Do not sit with your drunkard of a boss at dinner. He will tell you secrets you don't want to know and stare at your breasts.

3 comments:

chocolat lover said...

sounds painful...

...luckily I have never had to go on a business trip!

Did you bring yourself or Mr B back something nice as a consolation prize? ;o)

Alexandra Bitchford said...

That's what's so terrible about these trips. I didn't have any time to shop or go sightseeing.

Queen Bee said...

WOW...when I was in Boston recently, I actually saw a Bennigan's that had gone out of business which is not surprising since what's great about going to a cool city is you've got tons of choices on trying unique and different things!!! The usual hum-drum businesses don't seem to be able to compete with the variety! Sorry you had to deal w/Applebee's, Alex. That place sucks everywhere!