Friday, June 12, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge

It's almost over. I have 7 more pounds to take off, and I will have reached my goal. It's taken me awhile, but I think that's a good thing. It took me a long time to put the weight on, so it shouldn't just fall off of me. I've noticed that it's easier to get ready in the mornings. I don't have to dread going into the closet and not having my pants fit. Everything just fits. Also, I'm not so damn uncomfortable in this heat. First of all, I have never been and never will be the girl that has thighs with that little air triangle between them. Mine touch. I think this is natural. At least now I don't feel like I'm going to start a forest fire, if I wear corduroy pants. See, all of the swishing...and the chunky legs...you get the picture.

I'm trying to change up my exercise routine. I like to run, and I like to use the elliptical. I'm trying to do a little cross training. I bought some new music.

Tell it to my Heart by Taylor Dayne (yes, I'm admitting it)
Some Sugarland song (they're kind of interesting)
Vintage No Doubt (excellent)

Any other suggestions?

5 comments:

Mrs. Flax said...

I always loved exercising to Elvis Costello's "Veronica" and "Pump it Up." Seriously, check 'em out. Oh, and you should revive some vintage Michael Penn and Matthew Sweet. And there's a couple of Jazzercise songs I am currently digging - Humans or Dancers (Killers? not sure), and Untouched (Veronicas). Just don't say you are listening to Sean Kingston, or I'll disown you. ;) Maybe some Shaggy instead? Hee.

Mrs. Flax said...

It is the Killers, and it's singular "Human or Dancer." 'Scuse the hell outta me.

Anyway, I got a huge kick while googling - one lyrics site had it entitled "Human or Denser."

If it fits . . .

chocolat lover said...

Well done on only having seven pounds to go...

I tend to use the exercise bike whilst watching the television (ironically Im normally watching cooking shows - go figure ;o)).

I quite like listening to Justin Timberlake...

I also quite like music from the 80's - try Greatest Hits of The Human League (not sure if they made it big in the States or not).

Queen Bee said...

I was about 4 ft. from Taylor Dayne at the Pride celebration in Boston! Rock on girl!

Alexandra Bitchford said...

No way, QB! Did you dance and sing?