Tuesday, June 2, 2009

X-Files

My x-files have been closed for a long time. The x-husband showed up at my office today. He works for the same employer, but our offices are located in different places. Anyway, he shows up to talk. I don't talk to him...ever...so this was weird. He sits down and says, "I'm getting married on Saturday, and I wanted to know if you had a reason that I shouldn't." My response was, "No." He went on to talk about how he wasn't sure, and he wishes things had worked out with us. I wanted to know what marriage he had lived in because the one I had been in sucked ass. I told him that everyone knows how wishy-washy I can be about decisions. I followed this up by saying, "Divorcing you was the one decision I have made that I never waivered on, and I never regretted it." I got up and went to a meeting that I was running late for. Oh, he asked me if I was going to call "her" and tell. I don't even know who "her" is, but I wouldn't do that. That's "her" shit to deal with. What the fuck is wrong with him? Now I'm stuck working with this dumb fucker. Ladies, be so careful of who you marry.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

All my exes live in Texas.

Actually, they're gay and/or dead.

Or riding my ass and being all mopey on my couch.

I think he was looking for approval, or maybe even a hint of jealousy. Or maybe like an afternoon quickie.

Mrs. Flax said...

I think most people want all three of those things, don't they?

;)

Anonymous said...

...be careful of who you date, touch when naked, look at longingly....

chocolat lover said...

I think Jessie's right he was looking for jealousy.

Telling him in no uncertain terms that divorcing him was your best ever decision - certainly set him straight.

It must be hard working for the same company though - did you work for different offices when you were still married?

Alexandra Bitchford said...

We worked for different companies. He made this move within the past year. I have no idea what his motives were.

chocolat lover said...

Watch him!

As they say "keep your friends close and your exes closer" ;o)

just north of Eastwick said...

Dear Lord.....he's found someone else to put up with his crap? Lord help that woman. I wonder if she knows what she's getting herself into.

I think he was looking for jealousy. Or he was looking for you to say, "NO, DON'T MARRY HER! I STILL LOVE YOU!" He's so pathetic.