Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grandma Bitchford and the Shower Door

Well, the Bitchfords are at the beach this week, and true to form, Grandma Bitchford has shown her ass...literally. The beach house has an awesome outdoor shower that is under the house. It's great because we don't track sand in the house, and the ocean breeze blows on you while you are showering. I digress. My sister and I were upstairs, and we heard a horrible thud. She looked at me and said, "Mom just went to the shower. I hope she didn't fall." I get up to go check on her. I run down the stairs, and I hear snorting laughter. I continue towards the shower, and I see Grandma Bitchford completely naked. Keep in mind that the wind is killer this week, so our towels and chairs have been flying away. Anyway, she's doubled over laughing and trying to hang on to her towel. The shower door had fallen off of the hinges! She said that she went to close it, and she put her towel up. She turned around, and the damn door fell off. So, I tried to help her with her towel and the door. I'm glad we didn't have to file a missing person's report. The phone call to the police would have gone something like this. "Yes. We've lost our mother, Grandma Bitchford. We last saw her wrapped in a bath towel heading towards the outdoor shower. The shower door is missing and so is Grandma Bitchford. Please be on the look out for a tanned, naked 65 year old holding onto a large wooden shower door." I'm sure there will be more chaos this week before it's over. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well at least she had a good sense of humor about it, shit!