Monday, June 16, 2008

Bitch pissed me off

Phone rings the other night.

Me: Hello.

Lady: Hi. Is this Mrs. Tanner?

This annoys the hell out of me for two reasons: 1. I'm not married, and 2. The name is Turner...can you fucking read?

Me: No. There is no such person.

Lady: Oh. Is this not xxx Little Street?

Me (curious): That depends. Who are you and what do you want?

Her: I'm calling on behalf of Blankety-Blank because my records show the Tanners own this home at xxx Little Street, and their home warranty is expiring, and they should renew it.

Me (pissed): Really? That's weird. Because I own this home. Me...by myself. There're no Tanners. It's my name on the mortgage, on the books--just mine, and I am not Mrs. Tanner of the Tanner family, and if you REALLY were someone I needed to talk to about my home, you would know that, or you would at least take the time to read the information in front of you.

WTF? Why do I have to be married to own my own fucking home? What is so hard about seeing one name on a mortgage? What is so difficult about understanding that me and my one name are single--there's no Mr., no little ones? And why the hell can't you get my last name right? This isn't rocket science, people. It's basic reading--not even whole sentences--just words--sounds really.

Sound it the fuck out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get this...

I have a family member with the last name of Tanner, and he gets called Turner. In fact, when he enters tennis tournaments around here, he enters them as Turner. All of his trophies say Turner.