Wednesday, June 6, 2007

When Hair Metal Ruled the World

I love hair metal. It's happy music with hot guys in tight pants singing. There really isn't a lot not to like about it. There are no social issues to deal with or really heavy topics. Basically, these guys sing about drinking, doing drugs, and having sex. Rock on! My top ten hair metal picks are:
10. Wait White Loin
9. Pour Some Sugar on Me Def Leppard
8. Living on a Prayer Bon Jovi
7. Kiss Me Deadly Lita Ford (I know she's a girl, but I loved the song)
6. Round and Round Ratt
5. 18 and Life Skid Row
4. I Remember You Skid Row (What can I say? I loved Sebastian Bach's hair)
3. Here I Go Again Whitesnake
2. Shout at the Devil Motley Crue (Not sure if they are official hair metal, but I love me some Tommy Lee)
1. Talk Dirty to Me Poison (Mmmm...Bret Michaels)

I started thinking about this today because Bret Michaels has a new VH1 show coming out soon. Apparently, he is going to choose a girlfriend on this show. It's called "Rock of Love." You can go here for a little snippet: http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/rock_of_love/series_about.jhtml


So, is this a little desperate? Is there any doubt that he will pick a lady (?) full of silicone and loaded down with fake tanner? Is it ok that I will still watch every minute of it? :)

1 comment:

Barb Smith said...

Oh hell yes! I LOVE me some hair metal, too!

One to add to the list of goodies: "Is this Love" - Whitesnake. Definite good one. lol

BTW, thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll come back.