Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Vinyl is not a Fashion Statement

I was cruising around sites today and looking for some new shoes for spring. Every search kept providing me with a wide array of clear plastic choices. First of all, I thought vinyl shoes were for strippers. Did I miss something? Also, wouldn't vinyl make your feet sweat? The next thing I found was truly startling.


These are Stuart Weitzman shoes! For those of you who may not know, he is a big designer in the shoe world. Anyway, I know these aren't those giant platform shoes, but they are clear heels. I can't imagine any Eastwickean country club ladies wearing these to afternoon tea. If someone else has witnessed the plastic shoe phenomenon (and understands it), then please explain.

3 comments:

Barb Smith said...

I seem to remember this same strange fashion phenomenon occuring (like the appearance of the Hale-Bop comet or something) back in the 80's when I was much, much younger.

It sucked then...and it sucks now.

Back then it was the infamous jelly shoes (yea, I was MUCH younger) and yes, they do make your feet sweat like crazy and vinyl is NOT comfortable. And it's ugly.

I say leave 'em for the strippers...cause that's damn sure what they look like...if you ask me.

But hey, you're talking to a woman that is a hippy at heart and wears Birkenstocks most days...so what do I know about fashion? LMAO

Barb Smith said...

Okay...totally off the topic of this blog entry but I just came across this website and after my fit of laughter died down, I absolutely thought of you two and knew I had to share the laughter.

Check out the "Looking Good For Jesus" products here: http://www.blueq.com/shop/114-catId.117440633_114-productId.0.html

LMAO!!!

Alexandra Bitchford said...

I've seen this site before. Cracks my shit up!