Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The End of Titty Buffets

Sukie and I have to travel a lot for our jobs, so we burn up the highway and the airways. One of the major highways in our area has the BEST billboards. The billboards are for a place called Cafe Risque. It's a huge buffet and strip club. It offers a variety of services for truckers and the weary traveler. You can shower, eat, partake of nude women...and possibly men, and the list could go on. Well, the owner died not too long ago, and the city has officially bought the place. What was the first order of business, you ask? It was for the entire town to meet at Cafe Risque, rip all of the signs down, and have a bonfire. Hell yeah! Eastwick style! I could argue that Cafe Risque should be protected by freedom of speech, but I actually thought the place looked nasty. That's not the point, though. Wouldn't you imagine that this business paid an ass load of taxes? What does this mean for the city of Lavonia? Higher property taxes? Lavonia is not a big city, so it's not likely that another business with this kind of draw will move there. I could go on, but I'm just going to provide the link to the article. Enjoy!

Article

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why trash it? Its genius! Oh my god I've always wanted to own a strip club that sells crab legs 24/7. A buffet stripper bar?

Im taking note of this in my handy dandy notebook. I can use that. Thank you.

Alexandra Bitchford said...

If you write a book about titty buffets, can the main character be named Alexandra? ;)

Mrs. Flax said...

"Skeeter's Big Biscuits"? And the City Council hadn't a clue? Well, shame on the city, I say. Snicker snicker, tee hee. Oh well, goodbye to an icon. Not that I wanted it there either, but I still resent the blaze of Eastwickean glory.

Anonymous said...

The reason they had to wait until he died to burn it was because the owner would have recognized half the people carrying gas and called them out on it.

Those that scream the loudest are usually trying to hide something or talk over someone trying to tell the truth...