Monday, November 24, 2008

Sukie's New Bundle of Joy

I've been M.I.A. lately. It's getting closer to the holidays, and my time is getting away from me. Anyway, Sukie and I adopted some animals the other day. I adopted a beautiful white cat for my nephew. He loves him, and he keeps calling him Mouse and Christopher. Who knows. Anyway, Sukie adopted a dog. I took her picture when she picked her up from the rescue place. She wanted to send out announcements to let everyone know that "It's a girl!" I think she's tired of attending baby showers. At our age, if you do not have a baby, then no one wants to celebrate your life choices. For example, when I worked really hard and got a raise, no one threw me a shower. When I met a wonderful man and decided to live with him...no shower. If I had married him, then I would have had a shower. No one celebrates nontraditional choices. I digress. So, I decided that Sukie should register at Target. You know what? She fucking did. I don't know for sure, but I think she's sending out her announcements and letting her friends know where her new bundle of joy is registered at. I'll be curious to see if her years of financial kindness are repaid.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

People take furbabies very seriously around here. There are boutiques that sell "furbaby shower" stuff including announcements and party stuff. David has a furbrother but his parents didnt go all out or anything, but they did drive around to everyone's house and they're taking the training very seriously.

Honestly, if I knew you IRL and you sent me a shower invitation because you had just decided to spend the rest of your life with someone, I think if you worded it right I would understand, otherwise I would assume you were just having a party. If you said something like life partner or affirmation of love or something, I dont know, I'd be down for it. You just live in a really bad area for making decisions like that.

Anonymous said...

I think she should do it! That's too damn funny to pass up. Send me one, please! :-)

just north of Eastwick said...

Hey--I think having a "new pet shower" is fine. I've heard of people having weight loss showers where people buy them new clothes b/c they lost a ton of weight. Why not celebrate rescuing a pet? I think it's a great idea.

Sukie Bitchmont said...

Yeah, I did it. I mailed out announcements that say "It's a Girl." And I registered @ Target. So there.