Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Work Crap

I was offered a new position today. Technically, it would be more of a leadership role, but I do have questions about how much authority I would really have. The way it was written made me feel like "they" were selling it to me. If it's such a wonderful opportunity, why does it need to be sold?

I really thought about taking it. I made my pros and cons list. I wrote down all of my questions. It made me realize that I would be accepting the position to please the president of my company. I know he's depending on me, but this isn't what I want to do. The last time I made a decision to please other people...well, I ended up married. It didn't work out that well, and people were hurt in the end.

I feel like I've been climbing some imaginary ladder to fucking nowhere. I'm not sure where I want to go. I do get frustrated because it feels like the kiss asses and the fuck ups get all of the credit. Is that just the way it goes?

I'll tell the president (in the morning) that I'm not taking the job. He's expecting me to take it, so I hope he isn't too upset. It just doesn't feel right. Send me some good vibes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're in a position where you can make the right call for you and I think you've researched your shit enough for that call to be an informed one. Screw what the president thinks, it's you who has to do that job every day.

Lulu said...

Yes, all the ass-kissers and fuck-ups really DO get all the credit. No matter how far up the ladder you are able to climb, there is always an ass-kisser or fuck-up ahead of you.

I don't know how they do it. I've caught my ass-kissing Director asleep at his desk several times, and yet he has a job. If I pulled the same crap I would be shit-canned.