Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weight Loss is a Bitch

I haven't given an update on my weight loss journey since the beginning, so here it goes. As a wise woman once said, "Weight Watchers can kiss the very fattest part of my ass." It has not been easy, but I have lost a total of 17 pounds. My goal was 20, so I'm not far off. My clothes don't fit anymore, which is kind of a nice feeling. I need to buy some new ones, but I don't have a ton of extra cash, so I will be digging in the bargain bins. I have some dresses that I love, so I'm just going to have those altered. I want to reach my goal weight before I do that, though.

Now I have the actual weight loss under control, and I want to start working on building some muscle. I hate weight training, so I need some creative ideas here. Anyone? Anyone? I would love to get into some cute bathing suits this summer, so I really need to come up with a plan soon.

There are a few people I need to thank because without them, I would not have pedaled away on my elliptical.

Vanilla Ice - I rolled all the way to a 17 pound weight loss in my 5.0, so thanks.
Mary J. Blige - Girl, I "no more dramaed" my way to a firmer ass.
Poison - Just hearing Don't Need Nothin' but a Good Time makes me start to sweat.
Katy Perry - You didn't make me want to kiss a girl, but now some may want to kiss me.

Later...

6 comments:

just north of Eastwick said...

I have no advice on building muscle, but I wanted to say congrats on the 17 lbs. I am VERY proud of you! You rock with your bad self.

Unknown said...

Just keep swimming just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming

That's how I got my laygz!

Sukie Bitchmont said...

You don't wanna get a sit and spin like moi? ;-)

chocolat lover said...

how about doing arm exercises whilst holding cans of baked beans?

Well done on losing 17 lbs.

As I didnt want to buy new jeans while I was still losing weight, I ended up buying a smaller belt to hold them up until I was in spitting distance of my goal weight before splashing out!

Unfortunately I couldnt get away with that with my work clothes.

Mrs. Flax said...

Jazzercise baby! I know, it doesn't work with your schedule. I hate that. The new stuff is all about the core and the strength.

Have you tried pilates videos on demand? That kind of weight training sneaks up on you, and is effective.

mindctrl said...

Congrats on the 17 lbs. That's awesome!