Friday, July 27, 2007

My Sweet NJG

My sweet, sweet NJG just passed away. It happened so fast. The cancer took over her kidneys and lungs. She didn't feel well last night, and she woke me up @3:00 a.m. I have a friend who is a vet, and she came over. She went to sleep at home in her favorite bed. I don't know what to do with myself. I just keep walking around the house in circles. I can't believe that after 13 years, she just isn't here anymore. I know I did the right thing. I didn't want her to suffer.
She has been constant happiness in my life. There is no way to really explain how you love an animal. Please wish her peace today. I know her little soul is better now. Thanks for listening.

8 comments:

just north of Eastwick said...

I am so so so sorry to read this today. I know nothing I can say will make you feel better right now....but you gave that dog a wonderful life. You rescued her from the shelter and then you rescued her again from an asshole lunatic who spray-painted her green. She had a better life than pretty much any dog I know....she was loved and she knew it. Try to take solace in that.

(((HUG))) I will be home tonight if you need someone to talk to.

Sukie Bitchmont said...

I'm so sorry. Poor you, porr NJ. But at least it was peaceful--and she lived a long, full life. OH--and it's totally ok to cry for days.

Unknown said...

Sorry you lost your special friend. Remember, all dogs go to heaven ;)

Cricky said...

I'm sorry you lost your friend.

Lulu said...

You're right, you did the right thing, But that doesn't make the loss any easier to handle. I'm very sorry.

Head Bitch in Charge said...

NJ was such a cool dog. I hope you and Mr. Bitchford are okay. Let me know if you need anything.

Peace

Queen Bee said...

So sorry for your loss. We will miss doggie-sitting and watching our cats try to terrorize her, but NJ never let the cats get to her. Let UT and AD comfort you during this time.

Barb Smith said...

I'm so very sorry. I have had pets in the past that WERE my family and losing them hurt unbelievably. My heart goes out to you.

Cry all you need to.

*Hugs*