Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Online Friends

Our online friend, Jessie, blogged about this last week or so. She was talking about the differences between friends and online friends. It really got me to thinking. First of all, I live in an area away from my family. I have a little group of friends who I depend on when something bad goes wrong. After my NJG passed away last week, I realized that I depend on my online friends, as well. One of the first things I did was log on and tell you guys what had happened. It comforted me to read your comments. Some of you know me personally, but some of you don't. It was nice to know that a "stranger" from God knows where was thinking about me and my sweet dog. I think online friends, much like other friends, are what you make of them. So, thank you guys for listening to me rant and rave and listening to me grieve for my NJG. You guys rock!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its weird, isnt it? It gets even weirder when someone sends you a package full of goodies in the mail.

By the way, Ill send you a package in exchange for your address or PO box. Nothing that will explode, promises.

Email me if youd like at willtilligers at yahoo dot com, though I understand if youre not comfortable. Too bad because there was jerky in it for you...

Hope youre feeling better, and Im glad to have been there for you.

Sukie Bitchmont said...

Internet friends kick @ss! I've been blogging for over 2 years now (at my other blog anyway), and I love my internet friends!

Barb Smith said...

I've had an online journal/blog for 6 years. Yepper, that damn long. And ya know what...my best friends were made online and many have become real life friends.

Hell, I met my husband online.

Obviously, I'd be lost without the internet and my blog/journals.

I'm proud to have made friends with you, btw. *Hugs*