Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eastwickeans and Traffic Laws

First, let me just get this out of my system. I FUCKING HATE THESE PEOPLE! Ok. I feel a little bit better now. Recently, there have been talks about stiffer fines for drivers who hit cyclists. Eastwick is not a friendly or safe place for these people. Mr. Bitchford is an avid cyclist and has been since he was very young. It scares him so bad here that he rarely rides anymore. That makes me sad. A story ran in the paper and here are some quotes from these fuckholes.

"The idea that stiffer fines for motorists involved in collisions with cyclists would increase safety or decrease accidents is rank stupidity. The people who are doing the bulk of the riding around here are Hobbyists who expect the world to roll over and the laws of physics to change because of their new toys."

"I enjoy riding my bike and my motorcycle too, but I don't hold up traffic on busy roads just "because I have a right to". I don't try to influence the direction of fast moving tanker trucks by giving hand signals or shoving my sweaty shiny spandex butt in the air."

"People, if you impede traffic and create dangerous situations with your hobby YOU will pay the price. Don't blame it on someone else. Face the reality and pull over, you might not break your record time but you will be helping the hobby for everyone."

Dude, wtf? I guess I take this personally because I fear that one day Mr. Bitchford will be hit on his bike. I would claw the motherfucker's eyes out who did that. I know it scares him because when he was young, he lost a friend in a bad cycling accident. Someone hit the guy, and it killed him. Mr. Bitchford has a bent bicycle wheel tattooed on him, but that is pretty much all he will say about that.

Why are people so fucking ignorant? Do they just not read the basic traffic manual?

2 comments:

Sukie Bitchmont said...

It would probably help if there were designated bike lanes.

Unknown said...

Beaumont is a giant bike lane. There is a bike lane on EVERY street and I have never seen anything like it in any other city around here.

This is one of the things that I like about Beaumont. And with gas at $4.35 a gallon (but it only being $4.01 in the next town) I think they're trying to pressure us into using them, if you know what I mean.