Monday, May 26, 2008

Sukie and Alex Ride the Bus Part 2

Today was an interesting bus day. We arrived at our stop, and we were "greeted" by a bunch of teenagers. They were dressed like most teenagers in our area...baggy jeans, gold chains, hats, and oversized t-shirts. They were also loud. Not just loud, but really gross and rude kind of loud. Pretty much any variety of the word fuck was screamed. They were all black and felt the need to make fun of all the white people on the bus. They were screaming stuff like, "Look at Forrest run! Dumb motherfucker!" This is pretty typical of Eastwick. It's racially divided. The young adult sitting behind me was watching raunchy rap videos on his/her Ipod and screaming something about naked bitches doing lap dances.

The bad thing is that it made me realize why people don't believe in social programs and/or their tax dollars going to public education. It made me think about why I vote like I do. Are my tax dollars really helping these young people? Are they really getting the type of education they need? I'm not even talking about academics, but just about human decency. None was present on the bus today; however, I did see one young girl sitting up front. She had her Ipod on, and she was busy highlighting a textbook. I'm sure it isn't easy for her to ignore the others. She might even get made fun of for studying. When I run into the fucktards of society, like I did today, I try to remember that the majority is not like this. Most people who need a little help really want to make something of themselves.

On a side note, the little fuckers got trapped at our bus stop because the other bus wasn't running on Memorial Day. Take that you foul mouthed bitches! ;)

No comments: