Thursday, October 30, 2008

Swing States, Political Signs, and the Infomercial

First of all, is there anyone out there living in a swing state? I've forgotten what it's like to live in a place where I don't have to hide my political affiliation. Second, Mr. Bitchford and I are heading to a swing state on Sunday to Barack the vote. Yep! We're going door-to-door. I was surprised at how organized these people were. I was even sent an email giving me detailed directions on where to go, what to expect, and what's expected of me. I'll have to report back.

Even though I live in Eastwick, I've been pleasantly surprised at all of the Obama/Biden signs in my neighborhood. This is NOT something that you normally see here. My MIL has actually threatened to flog anyone who gets near her sign. She's even bringing it in after dark just like a person might bring in his/her puppy. So, the signs are out, but the assholes are still trying to steal them.

Finally, who watched the Obama infomercial? It was very well done, but I didn't exactly expect it to be a piece of crap. I think it was probably successful in keeping up his momentum and getting people out on Tuesday. I'll be busy getting ready for our trip, but I'll make sure to check in and let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Question is, regardless of who you're voting for Bitches, who do you think is going to win?

A few weeks ago I'd of said McCain. Now I think it's clear to a lot of people how weird and senile he is. I'm placing my bets on Obama.

Oh, is it illegal to bet on presidential races? or is that just American?

Sukie Bitchmont said...

I still think McCain can pull out a win. I hope he won't, but I don't trust the American people any further than I can see out my window.

Anonymous said...

I'm a swinger.

All the attention is nice.