Friday, January 16, 2009

Eastwick Deserves Exactly What's Coming to It

Check this out. SC TWEETS

This is a site that our state legislators can use to give us taxpayers little snippets of their days. I'm assuming that this site was intended for SC business. As a citizen, I would be interested in what my legislators are doing in such tough economic times. Seriously, SC just cut public education by double digits. I want to know what the fuck is going on. Let me give you some examples. We'll start with Mr. Joey Millwood.

JoeyMillwood: is back at work. Not a lot to do in the office but I have to go to basketball tonight.

JoeyMillwood: @antonjgunn 24's about the only Republican show on tv!

Basketball? Watching the show 24? What are you, Joey, a legislator or a 12 year old boy?

Here's another favorite.

NathanBallentin: this week alone: 3 meals at Chickfila, 3 meals at Moe's. That just doesn't seem too healthy, does it?

Well, Nathan, while those meals might not be too healthy, I'm sure our growing homeless population would have enjoyed them. Thanks for your legislative input. You're brilliant.

What in the hell is wrong with these people? Do I jump ship and run away? I'm seriously passed pissed off or even embarrassed. I'm frightened. These people are in charge of my state, and the majority of my state put them there. I really can't believe that they've put this type of bullshit on SCTWEETS. That can't be what the site was intended for. Anyone want to make fun of us? Go ahead. I would.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are personal tweets for personal Twitters. Bad form.

Anonymous said...

Jump ship or commandeer the ship? The problem with commandeering it is: Do you want to be the captain of a ship full of idiots? :D

Is there any forum/place/whatever where a significant amount of intelligent political discourse takes place?

just north of Eastwick said...

Dear Lord....have you checked that site today? They are all twittering about the snow in Columbia as if they have never seen it before. Granted, it's rare, but it seems like they would have more important things to worry about, like the piss-poor state of our budget.

Alexandra Bitchford said...

You would think, wouldn't you?