Thursday, January 22, 2009

Productivity is my Foreplay

I had the worst day at work today. It just seemed like no one wanted to do what they were supposed to do...all at once. I just bitched the entire way home, and I know it had to wear on Sukie's nerves. Oh well, sometimes you just gotta bitch. To top it all off, my engine light popped on. Fuck!

I came in, and I started to pick things up. When I'm upset, I gather. I want everything to be in a nice, neat, and dust-free place. Then, I started loading the dishwasher. Once the dishes were out of the sink, I realized how dirty it was. Must clean the sink! I gave the dogs more water, and I realized their bowls were dirty. Must wash dog bowls! I went to the bedroom (by this time, Mr. Bitchford was just following me and observing), and I started to strip the sheets off of the bed. I had to have clean sheets. I couldn't sleep on dirty sheets and be pissed off. I finished all of this productivity off with some vacuuming.

It felt wonderful, and I felt like I had released most of my stress from my day. Am I weird? Perhaps I have stumbled upon my next career. A Merry Maid!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Also try singing at the top of your lungs while doing these things. Great release.

Anonymous said...

My mom cleans when she is mad, my sister is the same way....well, mostly when she is mad at her husband. I? Don't. I wish I did, though, my place would be immaculate!

Anonymous said...

When things piss us off, they're usually things that are out of our immediate control. Cleaning up is a form of controlling things... placing them where they "belong", and what not. I think cleaning while pissed is a manifestation of the desire to control that wasn't realized in the thing that pissed us off. At least that's the thought that just came into my mind while reading this and the comments.

I do the same thing when I'm pissed. I start picking up things...

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing. I clean with loud music on and/or go for a walk with my ipod blasting. I don't like to talk when I am angry. My wife has learned this. I like to brood until I get over it. I have learned that I get over it faster and faster the older I get.

I think that I have learned to say "Fuck It" more as I get older.

I like your opinion on it Mind. I also think that it takes our mind off of it. The busier we are the less likely we are to dwell and rehash it in our heads.

Don't you feel more normal now???