Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weight Watchers Bitches

I went to the information session for Weight Watchers at Work. Our company has many divisions, so it's hard to know everyone who works there. There were several ladies that I only knew by name. I walked in, and three of them loudly exclaimed, "Oh God! Why are you here?" I was caught off guard and a little embarrassed. They continued with, "I hate it when people show up who don't need to lose any weight." Now, I'm not as heavy as some of these ladies were, but I'm not rail thin either. Plus, weight is a sensitive subject. I didn't understand why they would be such snarky bitches. I sat there for a few minutes, and then I got up and put my coat on. The facilitator asked if I was leaving. Yeah, what clued you in? The fact that Twinkie, Ding-Dong, and Ho-Ho over there made my face turn three shades of red? The entire room gave me a bad vibe. There was one other woman there, who is a lifetime member. She's already lost her weight, but she wanted to attend the meetings for continued motivation. They were tearing her apart too. I think I'm going to join online. A friend of mine is a member online, and I think we could be each other's weight therapy counselor. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twinkie, Ding-Dong, and Ho-Ho. haha!


"Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own."
- Harold Coffin

Unknown said...

Um...losing weight is about health, not looks. Whose to say that you dont have a wicked thyroid problem and your doctor asked that you join the program to keep youself from balooning up 50 pounds in two months?

Rip those bitches a new one and tell me if there is cream inside.

Anonymous said...

That seriously sucks. I think you will like doing it from the privacy of your own home a lot more. Damn people, they weren't just overweight they were ugly, too.

Mrs. Flax said...

Hey mind, I love your quote.

Jessie - cream - hee.

Anonymous said...

I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly.

Lulu said...

Wow, that was shitty!

I never did understand why it is "unacceptable" for a woman to want to lose 10 or 20 pounds. Why does our weigth have to be out of control before it is socially acceptable to diet?

I keep catching hell from my coworkers for my diet lunches. I want to lose 15 pounds and many of them need to lose 50.

I don't give a crap! I am taking control of my situation before my 15 turns into their 50.