Thursday, January 15, 2009

Putting Out Fires at Work

Literally! Sukie and I stumbled upon a cigarette fire at work today. We happened to be walking between buildings, and there was a small fire, quickly getting larger, in the mulch. People just kept walking by. A woman in a car stopped and gave Sukie a bottle of water. I ran around trying to find someone to call security. I came back, and Sukie was waving her empty water bottle around and stomping the hell out of the fire. At one point, I thought her skirt may go up in flames. Ironically, the fire started in close proximity to the no smoking sign. I hate that we didn't stumble upon the person who carelessly flicked his cigarette into the mulch. I hope he ends up burning his "low hanging fruit" one of these days. Careless fucker.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is why California is always in trouble. This is also why the city next door to me is trying to ban cigarettes in parking lots. But I can see you two frantically screaming and trying to stomp it out, and that's kind of funny.