Sunday, February 22, 2009

Coraline



Mr. Bitchford and I do not go to the movies much, but we finally decided to check out Coraline last night. Now, you must first know that I do NOT go to the movies at night and/or on the weekends. I do not like most people, so I don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of Eastwickeans. We arrived, and I was amazed at the amount of people there. Once we entered the theater (with both of us already wearing our 3D glasses because we are geeks like that), I was overtaken by the smell of wonderful, greasy food. There was popcorn with trans fat topping on it. There was candy being rattled around in packages. There were sodas as big as my fucking head being slurped, and there was motherfucking pizza! I did not know that the movie theater sold pizza. So, we sit down with our Buddy Holly look alike 3D glasses on, and the previews begin. Just so you know, an awesome looking Tim Burton film will be coming out in September. I believe it is called 9.


So, Coraline bounces on to the screen, and she has blue hair. She's terribly cute and quirky looking, and the intro is very Beetlejuice like. I won't go into too much detail because I encourage you to go check it out. Here are some things to look forward to in the film.
  • Scary Scotty dog bats
  • Naked cartoon boobs
  • Teri Hatcher turning into her real-life self near the end
  • Some balls almost being cut off

All in all, you should expect a very dark, but wonderful movie. Oh, and a plus is that They Might Be Giants sing a song in the movie. Very cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, were the 3D effects all they were cracked up to be?

Alexandra Bitchford said...

Mmmm...I would say yes.

Mrs. Flax said...

I had my very own half gallon Coke at my viewing. Mmmmm. I think there's drugs in that drink, seriously. I shall own this on DVD.