Monday, April 13, 2009

Momfia AKA The Muffins

I was talking to a friend today, and she has a six year old. She was telling me about some of the women at a local school where she is from. Her kid is in kindergarten at a nice, public elementary school. Her friend's kid is also enrolled in a public school, but it's not so nice. Apparently there are these women who call themselves the Momfia or The Muffins. I'm not sure why a group would choose both of those names because one sounds kind of mean, and the other one reminds me of women with muffin tops. I digress. The Momfia has power, yo. My friend was telling me that this group of women decide which kids are going to be popular. Yep. They decide which kindergartners are going to be popular. Then, they purposefully don't invite the "reject" children to parties and play dates. I'm not fucking kidding. I got the impression that these women are actually mean to the children they deem unpopular.

I'm ashamed to say that this is taking place in the town I grew up in. It was very much like this when I was a kid. I think I was the kind of kid who beat the shit out of the popular kids, so they didn't really have a choice but to like me. I was sort of mean and demanding. What can I say? This attitude has taken me far. ;) Seriously, though, what in the hell is wrong with these women? I don't have children, so I thankfully don't have to deal with this bullshit. The closest I've come to dealing with it was when some tweens were making fun of my little neighbor, and I called them bitches and told them to get the hell out of my yard. I know it wasn't the adult thing to do, but they were acting like little bitches, and they made my little neighbor cry. What the fuck is wrong with people?!?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Out here there is a rule that if you do not invite every kid in the class then you cannot distribute invitations at school. I know it's like that in the lower grades but that's probably where it matters the most anyway.

chocolat lover said...

Those kids are going to grow up to be as screwed up as their Mums :o(

Jessies right, with the younger ones every kid should get invited to the party...

...her kids school has got it right!

mindctrl said...

I'm not sure who has it worse. The kids or these fucked up parents. What hell it must be to live with that mentality as an adult. They're manipulating kids... and kids that aren't even theirs! Over trivial matters such as popularity even. Sigh

Hope all is well on the Eastwickian front today. On the plus side the weather is gorgeous!