Monday, August 6, 2007

Is There a Tax Conspiracy in Eastwick?

I received my car taxes a few weeks ago. I started looking at them and realized they were higher than last year. My car's market value had decreased, but my taxes had increased. Hmmm. I didn't hear of taxes going up, but I thought I could have missed it. I checked the county and city websites. Nada. Hmmm. I decided to write the Eastwick Auditor a letter explaining my situation. One would expect some sort of information back. Nope. I received some sad, old, been duplicated too many times form titled "Request for Review." Now, I'm not arguing about the market value of my car. I just want to know why my fucking car taxes are higher than last year. Cars do NOT appreciate, people. Hell, they are not even saying it appreciated. They are basically saying, "Hey girl! Give us some more of your money because we say so." I'm starting to think that this is how Eastwick makes money. The form is not easy to follow. I can't imagine the average Eastwickean trying to figure the damn thing out. There are parts you can't even read because it has been duplicated so much. So, I get the pleasure of calling Jacky (with a "y" not an "ie") and trying to speak Eastwickean in order to find out what the fuck is going on with my taxes. I hate this place!

2 comments:

Barb Smith said...

Same shit is going on with my house taxes. No new appraisal, no levy in taxes but they've gone up. WTF?!?!

Oh how I loathe having to fuss with city hall. UGH!

Mrs. Flax said...

That would be Jacky Dickerson, I believe. Only in Eastwick.