Saturday, August 4, 2007

Trashy Book Recommendations for a Bitch

I need your help. I have to travel for business in a week or so, and I need some good trash to take with me. I will be flying without Sukie, so I need something that will entertain me as much as she does. I'm thinking of a little Jackie Collins, but then I thought about people staring at me and thinking, "How trashy! She's reading Jackie Collins." Then I realized how stupid I was being. :)
I had also heard that a book titled Rattled by Debra Gallant was a really good read. Anyone know? Give me your suggestions, please. Oh, one more thing. I do not like romance novels, so no bodice ripping trash of that sort. Any other bodice ripping trash is acceptable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This isnt trashy, but it has a lot of swears, and its just absolutely fascinating. Ever hear of Chuck Palahniuk? He wrote Fight Club. I model my writing style after him.

You need to get his Invisible Monsters. Its about a model who gets half of her face shot off, and she literally has no jaw, just a tongue hanging out of her neck. She teams up with a couple of transvestites to steal medications from houses that are on the market and sell them on the streets.

Also, I havent read this other one, its not by him but he wrote the forward, its called Clown Girl. Its about clown prostitutes and shit, aparantly thats trashy and stuff, you might like. I think I will, but I need to finish Inlandia first.