Saturday, December 8, 2007

That Time of Year

Well, it's that time of year when everyone in the office exchanges gifts. Let me fix that statement. It's that time of year when all of the women in the office exchange gifts. The men could give a shit. So, I have a secretary and an office assistant. I share my secretary with my supervisor, and she rocks. She's one of those people who will totally tell someone that I'm on an important conference call when she knows I've put my head down on the desk for a ten minute nap. She's very tight lipped about my professional and personal business. I love her! I share my office assistant with about 10 other people on my floor. She sucks. She never gets anything right, and she constantly lies. She will tell her immediate supervisor that I've said it's ok for her to take off, but I haven't! This always leaves me high and dry when I need her to do something. Here's the problem. I want to keep harmony in the office, but I really want to reward my secretary for being so kick ass. I don't want to get the office assistant anything, but I also don't want a cat fight on my hands. How do I handle this???

5 comments:

Cricky said...

buy the office assistant a $10 starbucks card and a nice greeting card. You get the secretary whatever you want to get for her. If anyone says anything you explain that your gifting is done on your own time and choice. It might also help if you waited to give these gifts until later in the day on the last workday before christmas. That way there isn't any time for the O.A. to start spreading rumors and when the come back they'll be busy thinking of their time with their families.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Just a Girl. Technically I think they're not supposed to discuss gifts anyways, and the awesome lady sounds so awesome that she probably won't say a word. She'll hear the slacker talking and might imply that she got the same thing. Just approach them each privately and don't do it in front of other people.

On another note, regarding an old post... I heard a guy in "Thank You For Smoking" say "That's mighty white of you" and I only knew what he meant because of this blog. Thanks for the education :)

Lulu said...

I think you should give your secretary somthing small....as you would your assistant, but then mail her something extra to open outside of work. (ie. gift card for a manicure etc.)

Unknown said...

For the crappy one, a gift certificate to the dollar store. With a dollar on it.