Friday, October 5, 2007

Today's Anthem

I know that Britney Spears is having a bad week--what with losing custody of her kids and all--and perhaps it is because she is having a bad week, and I am having a bad week that I am
choosing a Britney Spears song for my anthem of the day: "Do Something."

"I see you looking at me like I'm some kind of freak/
Get up out of your seat/
Why don't you do something!"

Anthems of the day are songs that get me through the day when all I really want to do is go back to sleep--and the last thing I want to do is show up at work and deal with the punks I have to see on a daily basis--who (btw) have thrown the last straw on the proverbial camel's back this week. And so I choose "Do Something," so I can go into work with a big attitude: "Get up out of your seat/Why don't you do something?"

Punks.

Don't try to take me on--I will shut you down.
Yeah.
Thanks Britney (PS: go to rehab--quick).

1 comment:

Barb Smith said...

Yea, Brit needs to get to rehab, and not a moment too soon.

Everyone needs an anthem.