Monday, October 22, 2007

Why, Martha, Why?

Do you remember that movie Parenthood from 1989 with Steve Martin? I really like that movie. Yeah--still. But the teenage daughter who marries Keanu Reeves really drives me bananas. She looks weird--I can't help it. That actress was also in 1985's The Goonies (which I also love). In that one, she played Stef Steinbrenner, the smart-mouthed, weird-looking friend of preppy, popular cheerleader Andy.


I just got done watching an episode of L&O, and she was on there, playing a junkie. It took me the entire episode to remember that Parenthood was what I knew her from. And then I got annoyed. The Goonies was '85. Parenthood was 1989. Everyone had bad hair in the 80s (I had wings for heaven's sake). Bad 80s hair is forgivable. Bad through-the-decades hair is NOT forgivable.


This L&O was 2002, and that girl was still sporting those way-not-cool, too-short bangs she had before she shaved her head in Parenthood. Why won't she grow normal bangs? I mean, if you're gonna have bangs, at least have good bangs, not bangs that look like your hairdresser hates you.

2 comments:

Alexandra Bitchford said...

I agree. You have to look like Bettie Page to pull those off. Did you really have wings, Sukie? ;)

Sukie Bitchmont said...

Hell yeah, Bitch! ;-)