Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Eastwick, Welcome to the Real World

Sunday alcohol sales passed today! Yes, Eastwick has been in the dark ages for awhile now. You couldn't buy alcohol on Sunday. This still doesn't mean that you can go to the grocery store and buy alcohol. Only restaurants will be allowed to sell alcohol on Sunday. But, hey...it's a start. I bet there are some of you out there that can buy liquor at the grocery store. I think people in Eastwick would nail themselves on crosses before that happened. Does anyone live in a dry county?

3 comments:

Lulu said...

In NE you can't buy alcohol in a grocery store before noon. So from midnight Saturday night until noon on Sunday....no beer for me.

Oh, wait! I plan ahead and have my booze on had before then! LOL

Barb Smith said...

I live in the desert, when it comes to booze. We have to drive 35 miles in one direction or 60 miles in another before we can buy beer/wine/booze. It's sad how far in the dark ages so much of the south is, huh? Uh, it's not like we're not gonna stock up when we go. Do "they" really think they're slowing our consumption? Geez!

Unknown said...

One of my readers came down from Seattle to visit me, and she was totally appalled that you can buy liquor at the grocery store here in Cali. I had no idea that it was any different anywhere else!