Thursday, August 21, 2008

John McCain Hates Me (and probably you, too)

I think John McCain is a little stupid.

And apparently the feeling is mutual.

At a recent dinner for his hoity-toity (very wealthy) supporters, when questioned about his tax decreases (you know, the ones for his rich buddies), John McCain reportedly said, "People who make under $80,000 are too stupid to understand taxes anyway."

Now, I was fair; I said reportedly. But even if he didn't say it, he obviously believes it. After all, he keeps promising to give us a break on our taxes. Yet, he plans not to substantially decrease taxes for the 60% of tax payers (uh...that's most of us!) who make less than $66,354 a year. After all, we're too stupid to understand the fact that all his promises of decreased taxes will mostly benefit the rich folks (Yay for Brangelina! They'll really appreciate that extra cash in their pockets). He assumes that we're so stupid that every time he says that he plans to decrease taxes, we'll believe he means for us.

Well, I'm not that stupid, John Wayne McCain (unlike you, I did not graduate in the bottom 5 of my class--894 out of 899). I can see very clearly that unless I make over $111,000 a year, your tax breaks aren't going to help me--not one bit. PS: I really like how you plan to save our poorest citizens a mere $19 a year (that oughta buy what? one more package of diapers?). That's awesome. Me? That extra $319 will sure help out next year (or not even put a dent in my gas bill...).

But John Boy is counting on his belief that all those middle-class Republicans out there are stupid enough to believe he will cut them a break tax-wise.

I really hope they're not. Really.

FYI: John McCain doesn't know how many homes he owns. Wouldn't it be nice to be that rich?

4 comments:

Alexandra Bitchford said...

I was excited to find a $1 in my yard this afternoon. *sigh*

Queen Bee said...

Sukie,
You said, "But John Boy is counting on his belief that all those middle-class Republicans out there are stupid enough to believe he will cut them a break tax-wise." Remember, those are the same middle-class Republicans that re-elected the MO-RON (i.e., MORON!!!) we unfortunately have in office now!!!

Unknown said...

I checked Snopes on this quote and found nothing, which either means it hasnt gotten there yet or, well, that's probably all this means.

God, if another republican geezer grabs hold of this country Im jumping ship. I dont like Obama either but fuck if I dont like this McCain feller.

just north of Eastwick said...

If McCain gets elected, I'm moving to Canada. Who's with me?