Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Redneck Festival

Well, tonight I attended the annual Redneck Festival. It's really called that. It's a few small towns over from Eastwick, and we always have a great time. Admission is free. All money spent on food, beer, and t-shirts is given to a local charity. And, the best part, we can take the dogs! You bring your chair, your dogs, and your friends, and you get to listen to some great bluegrass music. This was the 28th year for the festival, and it rocked as usual. When the two founders go by the names of Punk and Cowboy, you know you're gonna have a good time. I meant to take my camera, but in all of the hurrying to get out of the house...I forgot it. So, Redneck Festival, my hat is off to you for yet another great year of music, friends, and beer! This is one small advantage to living in Eastwick. This is rare, so enjoy. ;)

No comments: