Monday, August 4, 2008

Colonial Hairstyles

Do you remember when your mom had your hair cut for the first time? If you are a woman, then you know that this can be traumatic. My mom took me to a salon called Colonial Hairstyles. Why would anyone name her salon this, you ask? I have no idea. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was a cute enough kid, and I had long blonde hair. It kind of looked like this little girl's hair, but longer.

My mom took me to Colonial Hairstyles and requested that Marge cut all of my hair off. She was tired of it. She was tired of it, you ask? Yes, my mom was tired of MY hair. Anyway, this place should be renamed Colonial Hairstyles: Where little girls go to become little boys. This isn't me, but at least now you can understand the dramatic and traumatic transformation.

It took me until the 6th grade to finally live that haircut down. I suddenly grew and had ginormous breasts. Most people forgot about the haircut after that. The bad thing is that she took me there for my 9th grade prom hair. My sister says that I looked like I had a powdered wig on, hence the name Colonial Hairstyles. I ask that you mothers out there never do this to your children. We don't forget.

No comments: