Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Workout Challenge

Sukie and I have been bitchin' all summer about toning up. We both feel like we've let our bodies go a bit. I know it happens with age, but I still don't want to just feel like shit all of the time. So, after much consideration and whining, Sukie and I have settled on two different workouts. Sukie is going to try Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies. So far, she is really digging it. I think her favorite is Big Girls Don't Cry. I find that a bit of a mean song to play while people are sweating it out, but who am I to judge. I've gone a different route. Sukie likes the happy videos with Richard's all familiar afro. I prefer the drill Sergeant bitches with thighs of steel. I've decided to try The Firm. This wasn't a hard choice for me. About six months ago, The Peroxide Queen gave me a shit ton of these videos. One of her exes cheated on her with one of the instructors featured on ALL of the videos. As you can imagine, she didn't want to work out to these anymore. So, I became the new owner of videos featuring women with thighs of steel and apparently, questionable morals. I've worked out to these for three days now, and they are kicking my ass...in a good way. I've found that I'm already sleeping better and moving more. I still think I'm going to try some Sweatin' to the Oldies because I do love me some Richard. Does anyone else have any tips?

1 comment:

Sukie Bitchmont said...

It's "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To!" And it is fabulously choreographed. I hate those bitches with thighs of steel. I want them to die. I heart Richard.