Thursday, August 14, 2008

Staycation in Eastwick

So...Alexandra and I have a week off from work this week. Yay! Don't get too excited, now. We are too undercompensated for our great wok to actually get a vacation somewhere, so we, along with many Americ ans in this horrible economy, are enjoying a staycation.

For my part, I decided that my staycation would involve doing absolutely nothing productive. Prior to beginning the staycation, I had good intentions of getting stuff done around the house. However, as it turns out, I am not in the mood for that. I am in the mood for lolling.

In case you ain't from 'round here, "lolling," properly pronounced "lawlin," is an art form in which one lounges around lazily. Mostly, we loll around when it's too damn hot to breathe outside. However, one can never loll so much that she becomes "too fat too walk;" then, she is just plain lazy. I did not make that rule up. The Sweet Potato Queens did. Thus, I can loll around as much as I want so long as I keep doing Sweatin' to the Oldies every day or every other day.

Yesterday, Alex and I took our lolling around to a whole new level with her brand-new $15 kiddie pool. We lolled in the kiddie pool and drank sweet tea and vodka (a fabulous drink made up of two favorites, which the rest of the world is apparently catching on to now, since I have seen it for sale--premixed--in the local red dot store). For 5 hours.

But all that lolling outside got the best of me. The next day, my chest and the tops of my thighs were lobster-red. Should have remembered to reapply sunscreen each time I peed or refilled my drink. Oh, well. It was my only time in the sun all summer--my day at the redneck, homemade beach.

Now, today...

Today...no way is sunburn going to keep us from lollin' around in the kiddie pool on our staycation!

That's right...we just found clothes to cover the burnt spots, so we could do it again--but with screwdrivers this time. We? Are awesome. In that broke redneck kinda way. ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dood I need a kiddy pool, no joke. That looks so great right now, because I am also broke and trashy.

Queen Bee said...

When can I come to the kiddie pool to indulge in the stayvacation?!? My vacation has been delayed as my co. is moving everyone to different buildings---which totally sucks BTW!!!