Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Celebrity Sightings

I don't normally write two blogs in one day, but I read David's Doll and it got me to thinking. Jessie wrote about a celebrity sighting at Starbucks, and it brought up a few stories for me. When I was 10, I saw Sebastian Bach in a World of Clothing store. He was with a straight up skank video vixen and a baby. The baby threw me off, but here was this very tall and thin man with long blonde hair. Mmmm. I saw him on VH-1 years later, and I realized that it really was him. He's married to a woman that sort of looks like a skank video vixen, and the "baby" was about the right age. Go figure. I didn't speak to him or anything, but I was super excited to have spotted him. My favorite celebrity sighting story goes to my old hair stylist. She was living in Atlanta, GA at the time, and she attended a backyard barbecue with her hubby. It was very casual, and she never imagined she would have a celebrity sighting. She gets settled in a lawn chair in her friend's backyard when lo and behold...Kip freakin' Winger walks in! You guys remember him? Rather than (a) ignore him or (b) politely ask for an autograph, my stylist runs over to him, starts gyrating, and sings, "I'm only seventeen, but I'll show you love like you've never seen. She's only seventeen, daddy says she's too young, but she's old enough for me." Do you know he actually got pissy and huffy? Come on! He made a ton o' cash off of this song and his high kicks. Embrace it! After hearing this story, it has inspired me to be ready with something very creative for my next celebrity sighting. Watch out!

No comments: