Saturday, January 12, 2008

School is Not Out for Summer

I started a new graduate program last week, and I'm wondering what the fuck I was thinking going back to school. I'm the youngest person in my classes, and it just seems like everyone else is way more comfortable than I am. We had to get in groups for this one course, and I HATE getting into groups. It always means that someone's slack ass is going to get a good grade because of someone else's hard work. My group consisted of me, Directionally Challenged Brandy, and Were We Supposed to Bring Our Book Ava. Our first task was to come up with five to six current events that relate to the topic of our course. Directionally Challenged Brandy (she was late to class) blinks her eyes at me and says, "I haven't read the chapter." Were We Supposed to Bring Our Book Ava (bitch didn't have a book, paper, or a pen) smacked her gum at me and rolled her eyes. The professor tells us that we will need a team leader to report our current events. Both of these whores look at me and say, "You can do it. You've actually read the chapter." Other groups are reporting, and I am trying to listen and jot down some notes. Were We Supposed to Bring Our Book Ava keeps bumping my hand and telling me how to change our current events. Fucking bitch didn't even buy the book! Where do these people come from? I have to present something to the class with these people in four weeks. OMG! I'm so screwed.

2 comments:

Mrs. Flax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Flax said...

These folks sound high caliber. Perhaps you would benefit from having my four year old in your small group. While standing at the toilet relieving himself this evening, he casually remarked to me "Mama, I wish I was omniscient." Indeed.