Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh, Sarah! Please Stop Your Lies!

You probably woke up this morning to hear that the McCain campaign is at it again. They told ANOTHER LIE, and now they are trying to back pedal their way out of it. This excerpt from thewashingtonpost.com says it best.

"Palin made an official visit to see Alaskan troops in Kuwait in July of 2007. There, she made a stop at a border crossing with Iraq on July 25, according to the Boston Globe, but did not go further into the country. 'Sarah Palin's visit to Iraq in 2007 consisted of a brief stop at a border crossing between Iraq and Kuwait, the vice presidential candidate's campaign said yesterday, in the second official revision of her only trip outside North America,' the Globe's Bryan Bender wrote, adding, later in his story: '[C]ampaign aides and National Guard officials in Alaska said by telephone yesterday that she did not venture beyond the Kuwait-Iraq border.'
Lieutenant Colonel Dave Osborn, commander of the 3rd Battalion, 207th Infantry of the Alaska National Guard told the Globe she did not venture into Iraq. 'You have to have permission to go into a lot of areas, and [the crossing] is where her permissions were,' he said."

The McCain campaign is now on its third revision as to whether or not Palin was in Iraq. Honestly, if you had asked me in 2000 if John McCain would sink this low, I would have said no. His own ego and wants have taken over and that is a fucking scary situation for the American people. As far as Palin going to Iraq goes, let's check out some photos of people who have been to Iraq.
Kathy Griffin


Kid Rock


Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey


Comedian Al Franken was quoted in USA Today (12/22/2005) as saying, "I think I may be the only comedian who's played Abu Ghraib." He was talking about his visit to the prison near Baghdad where U.S. guards had abused Iraqi detainees.
What happened to McCain and his Straight Talk? BTW, I've sat in the Chicago airport for half a day. Does this mean I visited Chicago? I've also been on a train as it passed through Washington, DC. Does this count? Oh, and I can't forget the time I flew over San Diego. I had a great time there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you see her Bush doctrine gaffe on the ABC interview? Someone needs more vetting.

Mrs. Flax said...

Did you see Tina Fey channeling her on SNL?

Mrs. Flax said...

I will have to admit, I kind of wish that Obama had chosen Clinton. I would have loved to see her rip this woman a new one in a debate. It would have been brutal and completely legitimate.