Friday, May 11, 2007

Boy Oh Boy, will Sukie be Pissed!

I just got back from an awards banquet that our employer had tonight. There is one award given out every year to the person who has contributed most to the company. It never fails that it goes to a useless asshole. Well, this year was no different. It went to Mr. Vomit. Sukie and I call him Mr. Vomit because when you are in his presence, you feel like puking on his unpolished shoes. Yes, he has unpolished shoes. How do you climb the corporate ladder with scuffed up loafers? Anyway, Sukie couldn't be there tonight, and I really fear the wrath that will come when she reads this post.

As for me, I thought I would be angrier than I am. Instead, I started thinking about how lucky I am to have my life and not his. I'm really happy with my family, my friends, and my work projects. I actually had people to go out with after the banquet. I imagine he was alone. While I do enjoy my job, it is just a job. It pays my mortgage payment and keeps food on the table. When I die, I won't be thinking about some lame ass faux medal that I won at an awards banquet. I'll be thinking about my family, my friends, and what a cool ride it has been. Be thankful that you are not a kiss-ass tonight, Sukie. You are a better person for it.

3 comments:

Sukie Bitchmont said...

I want to drown him in apile of my own vomit. That's all.

Unknown said...

this is why i just stay home. i get all the credit here!

Queen Bee said...

Sukie, do you need some extra vomit? I can provide extra vomit and some other fluids.