Sunday, May 20, 2007

Should I Grow a Set?

I was driving around town with Sukie the other day, and I had a near death experience. She whipped her shiny, new, and fast car through major traffic, while making a left hand turn (keep in mind that my fragile body was in the passenger side). She maneuvered the car through traffic, while hanging out of her window from the waist up screaming, "Out of my way bitches. My car is red and faster than yours." It scared the hell out of me. We pulled into our destination, and I told her that she had freaked me out with her driving. Her basic reply...grow a set. You know, this isn't the first time she has said things like this to me. One day I was bitching about work and agonizing over a decision. She looked right through me (she's very good at this) and told me to stop being a woman. Now, this may seem harsh to some, but it is why I love Sukie so. I'll question my decisions at work. I'll question my personal decisions. Sukie is always there to say something kinda harsh and very blunt. I'm declaring tomorrow "Sukie Kinda Blunt and Mean Day." If you have a friend like this, and if you don't you should get one, make sure you send her an appreciative email tomorrow. All of us gals need to grow a set and stop acting like a woman sometimes. Sukie, I am very glad that you are my cynical touchstone. Love ya, girl! :)

8 comments:

Sukie Bitchmont said...

Nobody ever accused me of not telling it to 'em straight.

Mrs. Flax said...

Growing a set from scratch might be a tall order. Might I suggest a pair of neuticles? They might give you that "meat in the drawers" feeling you are needing.

Unknown said...

I AM the blunt friend...except that I dont have many friends, so Im just mean to people for no reason.

Alexandra Bitchford said...

Well, happy blunt friend day, Jessie:) I actually have two blunt friends, and I love them both for it.

Queen Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen Bee said...

Alexandra, Who's your other blunt friend besides Sukie? ;-)

Alexandra Bitchford said...

Yes! I am a gal with two cynical touchstones. Raise the roof for Queen Bee!

just north of Eastwick said...

Considering you've reacted this way to my driving as well (back in the day when we used to go places together...before I lost my freedom about two years ago...) I agree that you probably should grow a set, at least for use when you're riding in the car with someone. (You think I didn't notice your white-knuckled grip on the door handle?) ;)