Saturday, May 5, 2007

It's Cinco de Mayo in Eastwick!

The key words here are in Eastwick. We are getting ready to go see some friends for the weekend. They don't live in Eastwick, which means we will have a variety of places to party well after midnight. You might ask yourself, "Why would you say after midnight?" In Eastwick, everything closes down at 11:45 p.m. It's close to the Sabbath, so we can't buy alcohol, tampons, shoes, etc. until 1:30 the next day. You know how Jesus is about buying tampons on the Sabbath. This is why I am leaving! Just a little side note for you. The "big" church in Eastwick just installed a $25,000 lighting system. Are you starting to see a pattern here? Anyway, party on people, and happy Cinco de Mayo to you and yours:)

3 comments:

Sukie Bitchmont said...

You also can't buy pet food--tried that at Wal-Mart late one night--nope: blaspheme! ;-) Have fun outside Eastwick...I'll be right here...soaking up the non-oarty-like atmosphere.

Mrs. Flax said...

Am I going to hell if I drink sangria after midnight? Will it make any difference if I propose a toast that includes a bible verse? I think Jesus would be appalled by the things Eastwickeans do in his name, and I also think he'd probably raise a glass with me on Cinco de Mayo. Even after freakin' midnight.

Cricky said...

Oh wow...Paradise must have a twin city named Eastwick. The freaking sidewalks roll up around here at 10pm on ANY night. Stupid freaking bible belt.