Monday, September 24, 2007

38% of Americans are RUDE friends...

I was waiting for the season premiere of Cold Case to come on last night, so I tuned into Power of Ten, which comes on before it. This woman was asked the following question: "What percentage of Americans said that if their friend's newborn was ugly, they'd still tell the friend the baby was beautiful?"

Wanna know the answer? 62%. WTF?? Who are these 38% of Americans who wouldn't lie to spare a friend's feelings? Who are these 38% of Americans who would say, "Seriously, Alexandra, your kid is SO not cute!"???

Now: I'm not a baby person. I don't really like 'em that much. But when people show me theirs, I usually manage to squeeze out a halfway sincere, "Oh, he's so cute!" whether he's fugly or actually cute.

I thought that's what most people do. Who says, "Wow--he's kind of a dog, isn't he?" Seriously--who says this? Where are these 38% of Americans living?

Must be Yankees... ;-)

2 comments:

Alexandra Bitchford said...

You know what? A good friend of mine's sister has a fugly baby. He looks like Chunk from the Goonies. I ALWAYS smile and say how cute he is. At the very least, I can say things like, "Wow! He's growing up so fast. He has a really cute smile." Come on, people!

Barb Smith said...

Those 38% are probably like me...I won't lie and tell someone they have a cute/pretty/adorable baby...BUT I will say, "OMG, he looks just like Dave" (Dave was her fugly ass husband, btw.) LOL