Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Liberals vs. Conservatives

Are we smarter?

You be the judge: read this article which reports on a brain study that suggests that liberals deal with complex situations with more brain power.

An example provided by the study: Most people go to work the same way every day. Sometimes, though, you might encounter road work or an accident. Liberals are more likely to start firing neurons and find an alternate route; on the other hand, conservatives are more likely to stick to the same way they always go (firing fewer neurons to work through the problem).

I knew it! ;-)

3 comments:

Alexandra Bitchford said...

I learned about 10 different routes from work to my house. I can always miss traffic. I must be a yellow dog Dem! ;)

Mrs. Flax said...

Don't laugh, but I actually take a different way to work each time I come and go (I have about 6 routes) because I read that this simple trick keeps your mind sharper than just following the same path all the time.

Barb Smith said...

Well, I think it boils down to the fact that to be conservative means you just follow the pack and the set of rules they have all picked out for you...no thought process needed.

Whereas, being a liberal myself, I pick and choose those things I see as valuable and those I'm not so interested in...ie, thought process needed.

Yep...I get it. Makes complete sense to me. lol