Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sukie on Jena

It's all over the news. The Rev. Jesse Jackson is gathering folks in Jena, as is the Rev. Al Sharpton. "Racism!" is their cry. Justice is what they supposedly seek.

Justice? Justice??

6 people beating one to a bloody pulp and sending him to the hospital is a crime--no matter what color skin the perpetrators or the victim has. End of story.

"There's a disparity in the justice system that needs to be repaired," say the protesters, with posters in hand.

Why? Because the three white kids who hung nooses in an area where black teens wanted to sit were not prosecuted...but the 6 black kids who retaliated with violence by ganging up on a white kid and hospitalizing him are being prosecuted. Hmm...hanging nooses....beating man nearly to death...DISPARITY?? Are you effing kidding me? What would you have them arrested for?

Look, I get that the hanging of the nooses was not funny...and not ok. BUT--it is a vastly different issue than beating a man.

“Free the Jena 6,” protesters demand.

Are you kidding me? They should just be let go? They beat that kid pretty badly. The DA is supposed to send the message that you solve disputes by hospitalizing people? That assault is ok? Sorry...but I don't think so.

The DA in Jena, LA is just doing his job. There's nothing to protest...nothing.

David Bowie just lost 10,000 cool points in my book.

5 comments:

Alexandra Bitchford said...

All I can say is ditto. I've really been thinking about this because I kept waiting for something more. I thought surely there was something else to it. Nope! David Bowie sucks. Only $10,000, huh?

Head Bitch in Charge said...

David Bowie is a retard and Al Sharpton is a moron. They would be screaming had a black kid been beaten by 6 white thugs. All of these black anti-white organizations need to wake up. They are sending a terrible message to black youth. If those 6 black kids get off they will be in the system in 2 years anyway. Trust me on that one.

Cricky said...

I agree whole heartedly.
When I first heard the story, I was shocked and thought "Wow, those boys should be freed." Then as the details really started to roll in about the violent attack, I changed my tune.

Barb Smith said...

Violence is wrong, no matter the skin color of who commits it, period! Not that the noose hanging was right but the nooses hurt no one, hospitalized no one...and we're supposed to feel sorry for the black kids that beat the white kid to a pulp because they didn't like being taunted.

Bullshit. Total and utter bullshit.

David Bowie can jump up my ass right along with that idiot Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

BTW, I think MLK would turn over in his grave if he saw how his old friend Jesse was acting these days. THIS is not the equality MLK cried and begged and marched for in the 60's.

Sukie Bitchmont said...

@ Head Bitch: let's add in the fact that one of the Jena 6, Mychal Bell, the one convicted as an adult whose sentence was overturned, is being held without bail tonight...why? WHY? Because he has a previous arrest record that includes violent crime! Hello?? And he should be set free? Please.