Monday, September 24, 2007

A Monday Morning

I should have just stayed in the bed. I felt like shit all day yesterday, so I decided that taking some of my favorite nerve pills and washing them down with martinis would be a good idea. I felt like I had created a new drink. One nerve pill + one martini= The Judy Garland. Ha! Or should it be The Janis Joplin? Or The Marilyn Monroe? I'm so glad I can amuse myself. Anyway, you can imagine my surprise when I awoke this morning still feeling like shit. I put on my work clothes, which consists of the same old boring blouse and naughty secretary (pencil skirt) skirt. That's when I realized that I had my own weapon at work. My boobs are so big that I really shouldn't wear button down blouses. It's like having my own buckshot to aim at people who annoy me. That's when I decided that even though I had a kicky new hair do, I just couldn't drag myself in today. So, my question is why do people take off of work sick and still end up answering an ass of emails all day? I hate technology.

3 comments:

Sukie Bitchmont said...

Stay off the computer, silly girl! E-mails you can't see don't exist, don't you know?

Barb Smith said...

I could use a Judy Garland about now...but it would probably do me as much good as it did for you. None. *sigh*

Now, quit checking email and go take some Nyquil or something...or another Judy Garland. lol

Lulu said...

I'm just as bad when it comes to work... I took PTO for last Thursday and ended up in the office "cleaning things up" from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Pathetic I tell you.