Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering 9/11

I read the greatest article on a forum today. It was about a woman who was a former Marine and a covert operative for the Central Intelligence Agency. Wow! She was at the Pentagon on 9/11 and was recalling her experience and friends she had lost. She has since started several yearly fundraising events for the Pentagon Disaster Relief Fund. Again, how cool is that? On top of that, she looks like this.



The same people on this forum who preach about being a good Christian and being patriotic did not have one thing to say about this woman. Here is one person who has and continues to make a huge difference in people's lives. In fact, she has served her country, which some of these forum posters have not. It made me ashamed at how divided we have become again. I remember how everyone stood together after 9/11. It doesn't feel like that anymore. This woman would have been celebrated for her service to her country and for her service to civilians' families. What's going to happen to us? I hope we can still get it together as a country.

5 comments:

Sukie Bitchmont said...

Is that the woman from the Poison concert????

Sukie Bitchmont said...

It is...I really think it is. She rocked!

Barb Smith said...

How cool is she?!?! *smile*

As for us pulling together as a country...*shaking head*...I wish for it but I just don't see it anymore. I believe the right-wing religious conservatives and their rhetoric will keep us divided forever more. They'll continue to spew hatemongering ways and we'll continue to drift further apart as a nation.

And I hate that.

Mrs. Flax said...

Everbody should have been at the Elvis Costello concert last night. Man told it like it was. At one point he said he had three sons, and none of them were ever going to be sent to die in a rich man's war. The lady beside me booed, and then got up and left when a large portion of the audience applauded. But she was the only one. Even her husband wouldn't leave with her. He just looked at her seat and stayed with the couple they came with. I felt a little bad for her, in a way. But where did she think she was, an Alan Jackson concert?

Okay, I'm not sure what that had to do with this blog entry, but it seemed like it was at least marginally relevant.

Alexandra Bitchford said...

I believe it is the woman from the concert. She kept manhandling all of the drunks around us, and she was super hot.