Saturday, September 22, 2007

Grandmas

I was lucky enough to have all four of my grandparents for a long time; however, I had one grandma that was my favorite. As awful as that might sound, it's just the way it was. She was everything to everyone. She was loyal, funny, giving, nurturing, and smart. It's been a few years since she passed away, but I still miss her terribly. I know my sister does too. She's admitted to driving by the old house sometimes and hoping to see her on the front porch waiting on us. I remember her sending me "candy" money in college. It was usually $50. Some "candy" money, right? That was just how she was, though. I'm not sure that I believe in heaven or that our souls go anywhere. If they do, I hope my grandma knows that when I get there I want her to make those flat-fried taters and to let me hear that funny little laugh of hers one more time. If you are wondering what made me think about her, here's my inspiration. This Natalie Dee cartoon reminded me of her. She was always to the point.



No comments: