Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Day a Bitch Met Anthony Michael Hall

I was enjoying my coffee this morning, and I was enjoying the cool breeze coming through my screen door. I started to flip through the channels and came across The Breakfast Club. I know you all remember that movie. Can you believe how young Anthony Michael Hall was? Anyway, it made me remember the time I met him. I was a sophomore in college, and I had just moved out of the dorms. I was living with two guys (shhh...my parents still don't know about that). I had been trying to sleep one night, and there was a god awful noise coming from across the hall. I lived in a quadraplex, so there was always a lot of noise, but this was drunken noise...on a Sunday night...when I had an 8:00 class the next morning. I whip open the door ready to let my filthy mouth loose on someone, and who do I see? Anthony Michael Hall with some washed-up so"whor"ity bitch next door. He was SO drunk and porky looking. His face was old and swollen looking. I stood there in shock. I was in my jammies, and there was Anthony Michael Hall minus Molly Ringwald. What the fuck? First, I screamed. It was not what I had expected. I thought my neighbor would be whoring around with a "fratastic" from down the street, not a washed-up has been celebrity. Then I remember thinking, "Dude. I saw Edward Scissorhands. You had to have made some money off of that even if you weren't the star." I just closed the door and tried to go back to sleep. I don't know if it was the fact that Anthony Michael Hall was having to whore around in such a small college town or that he looked like he had a helium balloon for a head, but I just couldn't yell at him. I hope he's doing better for himself these days.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is this indy film, I cant remember the name of it for the life of me, and I dont remember anything about it except that one of the wives in the movie was confessing to the other wives that her husband cant get off unless he pretends that he IS AMH. They have to role play it. I thought it was the funniest damn thing.

Mrs. Flax said...

Didn't he have a role in that paragon of cinematic virtue, Freddy Got Fingered?

just north of Eastwick said...

I think he's doing pretty well for himself these days--he's in that USA series "The Dead Zone," which I think is pretty successful.

I remember when he visited our college. My husband (then boyfriend) got his autograph when he went to the restaurant where hubby worked at the time.