Friday, November 16, 2007

Beliefs

I've been struggling with several major issues in the past few weeks. All of these are social issues and some overlap with work and our customers. Sukie and I live and work in an extremely socially conservative area. It's so extreme that the Eastwickean county and city councils have tried to run off certain businesses that they feel do not fit the town's conservative beliefs. I always feel like running away when these issues rear their ugly heads. I also think about what will happen if everyone like me runs away. Will conservative groups take over, come together, and seep even more hate out into other parts of our country? My other question is when should (if at all) your belief system take a back seat to your employer's mission? What if by staying silent you are supporting the discrimination of certain groups at your work place? Just some random thoughts for the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you ever have to question the morals behind your job, you probably shouldnt be working it. Its all up to you, your life and all.