Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Unbelievable...but a Relief

You guys know that Sukie and I hate it here in Eastwick. Here is another reason why we hate it. It turns out that the media screwed up, and Mr. Bitchford's friend's mom was the third person shot at the home, and she is ALIVE! Can you believe the local media dropped the ball on this? They actually showed a photo of Mr. Bitchford's friend when she was young, and she was standing with her mother. They got the wrong photo! I'm very grateful that she survived. We've decided to just give her some space and send a nice card. I want her to know that we are thinking of her, but I don't want to be intrusive.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So her aunts are dead, but mom is ok, right? THAT IS GREAT NEWS! Send some very cheery flowers her way!

Sukie Bitchmont said...

You know--I saw that on TV, and I thought it couldn't be the right story...that's something else.

just north of Eastwick said...

As someone who works with the media on a daily basis, that does not surprise me one bit. Remember earlier this year, a girl up here at my college got hit by a bus? One of the local news stations reported she was dead. It was very upsetting to a lot of people on campus. Of course, she was not dead and no one here told them that, they just assumed it and reported it. (man, we reamed them out for that one)

These news outlets are so busy trying to "scoop" one another and have the latest breaking news that sometimes accuracy in reporting gets left out.

I am very glad to hear your friend's mom is alive. I'm sure this whole thing has been horrible for her.

Cricky said...

Wow...what a disgrace.

I'm glad to hear your friend's Mother wasn't one of the deceased. But I am still very sad for her family.