Sunday, November 4, 2007

In Dog We Trust

I'm sure most of you have heard about this. Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of his own A&E show, was outed by his son as using the n-word (and just nasty language in general). A&E has yanked his show indefinitely. Dog is also known for being very spiritual and trying to do right by God and his family. The few times I've watched that show I have also noticed a framed and signed photo of George W., so we all know that means he has good morals. ;) I listened to the phone conversation between Dog and his son. First let me say, I don't feel what he said is right. Second, when you are a public figure, you are going to be held to a different set of standards. Period. You give up the right to say things in the privacy of your own home and regret them later. Don't get me wrong. You can do it, but the public will find out. I don't think A&E should have yanked his show. I feel like the public should have the right to choose whether or not it wants to watch anymore. If the majority is truly offended and upset by what he said, then the show will tank anyway. What if there is a situation going on between Dog and his son that we don't know about? It doesn't make it right to use such a term (in my opinion), but it could explain his lapse in judgement. Should the public forgive and move on?

P.S.

I have to give a shout out to his fabooblous wife, Beth. Go Beth with your giant-ass hair and clear stripper heels!

No comments: