Monday, November 19, 2007

The Best Present..Ever!

You know how every year there is one present that you can't wait for the recipient to open? Well, this year that prize is going to our friends' son who is 18 months old. My girlfriend runs her own business from home, and she has been trying to look for some sort of a desk for her son to sit at. Mind you, I don't think kids sit at tables and desks this early, but I could be so wrong because I don't have one. Anyway, Mr. Bitchford was walking the dogs the other day, and I got a frantic phone call. "Quick! Bring the truck down to old lady Esther's house! Her kids have cleaned out her storage barn, and there is the coolest, tiniest, old school desk. I want it!" I jump in the truck dressed in hot pink sweat pants with "Pink" written across my ass and my purple bedroom shoes. I was a sight. I tear around the corner, and I find Mr. Bitchford and my two bitches pacing back and forth. He seriously looked like he may slay the person who tried to cross the threshold of old lady Esther's driveway. We get the tiny desk loaded up, and I get it home. We've decided that the paint is chipping some, so we are going to give it a new paint job. Our friends have a kick ass Cadillac that is black with flames on it. We've decided to make the little desk match the Caddy. I'm going to stencil the kid's name on the back of the desk. This way they can't sell it in a yard sale if they totally hate it. Ha ha! Actually, I think my friend will flip out and love it. This will be the BEST Christmas present ever. I love it when that happens. Has anyone else found THE gift?

3 comments:

just north of Eastwick said...

At his age right now, he probably won't sit at the desk for very long. But as he gets older, he'll love it, especially since it will be personalized just for him. Very cool gift!

Cricky said...

excellent gift idea.

I posted a little something you might be interested in today.

Mrs. Flax said...

I have indeed, and it's for you! Maybe it's not as cool as the desk . . . but it's still pretty great.